Read this blog if you want to know about the 5 ways to shield your skin against UV rays.
Hello ladies and gentlemen, we are back again to impart some crucial summer-special tips for your skin. With the increasing heat, your skin becomes vulnerable to rashes, redness, suntan, and a lot more skin imperfections. Basking in the summer sun? No, that’s not a good choice dear. Let’s have a look at the affordable options to protect your skin from sun damage.
How effective is the summer sun?
Well, summer is all about longer days and brighter sun. UV radiation can affect the outer layer of your skin and cause sunburn. If your skin comes in contact with sunlight continuously, there are chances of wrinkles, premature skin aging, hyperpigmentation, freckles, and laxity. The scorching sun penetrates deep into your skin cells and diminishes collagen production. Hence your skin loses the ability to appear young and spotless. It is recommended that if your work-life compels you to stay outdoors, better take precautions for your skin.
How to protect your skin from the summer sun?
Well, protecting your skin from the blazing summer sun is not as difficult as you assume. Get hold of the following weapons and half the battle is already won.
- Try to avoid the peak hours when the sun is blazing hot. You can avoid maximum damage once you are home. But again, if your work calls you, better be protective with your time.
- Walking outdoors is a compulsion. No one can avoid it. So, while you are on the streets, walk under the shades as much as possible. The milder sun does mildly affect your skin.
- There is no alternative to sunscreens. With a higher SPF, out on your sunscreen daily. This will not allow the ultraviolet rays to creep into your skin and cause unwanted suntan.
- Even if you have put on sunscreen, please walk out with your umbrella. Put on a scarf and shades if needed. Cover yourself as much as possible. Let the heat never touch you a bit.
- Another significant option is to stay hydrated. Drink ample water and enable a smooth metabolism.
- Use summer-friendly cosmetics. Do not wear heavy makeup. Let your skin breathe properly.
- It’s better if you can protect your lips too. Wear a sun-safe lip balm and walk out.
- After returning home, wash your face with a light cleanser. Exfoliate on a weekly basis and ensure using water-based moisturizer. Your skin should not feel heavy and burdened.
Summer-special face pack recipes
- Tomato face pack – Tomatoes are known to possess skin-lightening properties. They can also nourish your skin, reduce pimples and result in rejuvenating your skin cells. Take out a generous amount of tomato pulp. Place a wet, damp towel on your face. Then apply the tomato pulp uniformly over your face and neck. Stay for 15 minutes in this manner and rinse off with clean water. Apply this face pack once a week and observe how the skin impurities have disappeared.
- Papaya face mask – Papaya is a wonderful summer fruit. It not only restores the firmness and elasticity of your skin but also contributes to making your skin look youthful and rejuvenating. Take a couple of papaya cubes and smash them into a pulp. Secure a tablespoon of orange juice. Mix both the ingredients well and apply the mask all over your face and neck. Leave the mask on for 30 minutes and wash off with cold water.
Glamour World Ayurvedic is all set to prepare your skin for the summer arrival. Follow these nifty tips and glow naturally. We encourage nature and its beautiful creation – you.