Green tea isn’t just a delightful beverage; it’s a powerhouse of antioxidants that can work wonders for your skin and hair. From promoting healthy hair growth to adding glow to your face, incorporating green tea into your routine can lead to several benefits.
Let’s see why this one little leaf packs such a nutritional punch!
Let’s get brewing!…… 🍃💪
#1. How Green Tea Benefits Stress:
If you’re a coffee drinker, you’ll know that the feeling of a strong cup of tea is so much different than a strong cup of coffee. With green tea, you’ll still feel energized but with less of this anxious or jittery feeling.
Tea drinkers report having a longer-lasting, “calm-alert” energy throughout the day, without the crash. This smooth, sustained energy is another one of the many green tea health benefits.
#2. Green Tea Benefits for the Skin:
The polyphenols in green tea, especially Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), exhibit strong antioxidant properties. These antioxidants combat free radicals, which can lead to premature aging and skin damage. Adding green tea to your skincare routine or diet may help maintain youthful, healthy skin.
#3. Antioxidant Powerhouse:
Green tea is a rich source of antioxidants, particularly catechins. These powerful compounds help combat oxidative stress in the body, reducing the risk of chronic diseases and supporting overall well-being. As you sip on that steaming cup of green tea, you’re essentially infusing your body with a burst of free-radical-fighting warriors.
#4. Boosts Metabolism and Aids Weight Management:
For those looking to shed a few extra pounds, green tea can be a valuable ally. The catechins in green tea have been shown to boost metabolism, aiding in fat burning and supporting weight management. It’s not just a refreshing beverage; it’s a sip towards a healthier, fitter you. It can contribute to a modest reduction in body weight when combined with a healthy diet and exercise.
#5. Calms the Mind and Improves Focus:
Green tea contains an amino acid called L-theanine, known for its calming effects. While it doesn’t induce drowsiness, it promotes relaxation and mental clarity. Incorporating green tea into your daily routine can be a simple yet effective way to find moments of calm in the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Why Should You Look For Green Tea In Your Skincare Ingredient List?
A sip of a warming cup of green tea, we know, can do much to soothe both our throats and our souls. But its benefits don’t end there. When applied topically, green tea can revive your complexion and comes packed with skin-loving properties.
- Skincare Marvel– Green tea’s benefits extend beyond internal health; it’s a game-changer for your skin. Rich in polyphenols, green tea possesses anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties. When applied topically or included in skincare products, it helps soothe irritated skin, reduces redness, and fights the signs of aging.
Tip: Use Green Tea Cica Aqua Gel to soothe skin, and provide intense hydration and skin brightening. Cica promotes the generation of collagen and hyaluronic acid, maintaining your skin’s suppleness, elasticity, and youthful appearance. Use morning and night on clean skin after Glow Green Tea Salicylic Acid Face Wash and Glow Green Tea Squalane Toner.
- Fights Acne and Blemishes– Thanks to its antibacterial and antiseptic properties, green tea can be a boon for those prone to acne and blemishes. Including green tea in your skincare routine helps unclog pores, control oil production, and promote a clearer complexion.
Tip: Use Green Tea Cica Aqua Gel for acne control. Use morning and night onto clean skin after Glow Green Tea Salicylic Acid Face Wash and Glow Green Tea Squalane Toner. Salicylic acid treats acne by reducing swelling and redness and unplugging blocked skin pores to allow pimples to shrink. Squalane works like the skin’s own oil to prevent moisture loss and restore suppleness.
- Natural Sunscreen– The polyphenols in green tea act as a natural shield against UV rays. While it doesn’t replace your regular sunscreen, incorporating green tea into your skincare routine adds an extra layer of protection, helping to mitigate the harmful effects of sun exposure.
- Hydrates Your Skin -Maintaining proper skin hydration is key to a healthy complexion. Green tea, when applied topically, can help to lock in moisture, leaving your skin with a soft and supple touch. Its gentle hydrating properties make it suitable for all skin types, from dry to oily, ensuring balanced and comfortable skin.
- Brightening your skin– The main aspects of skin well-being include “hydration” and “glow.” Green tea plays a pivotal role in boosting both hydration and glow. The radiant effects of green tea can be linked to its abundant antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Skin cell damage resulting in dullness is often triggered by pollution and UV exposure. Green tea serves as an excellent component to combat such damage, ensuring not only protection but also a brightening effect on your skin.
- Reduces Under-Eye Puffiness and Dark Circles– The caffeine content in green tea makes it an excellent remedy for tired eyes. Applying cooled green tea bags or a green tea-infused eye cream can help reduce under-eye puffiness and dark circles, leaving you looking refreshed and revitalized.
Tip: Use Glow Green Tea Squalane Toner for a rejuvenating look. This green tea toner can be your best ally in combating pigmentations, dark spots, blackheads, puffiness, and blemishes. Cica stimulates collagen production, which helps to keep the skin looking young and healthy.
Let’s explore simple yet effective recipes that harness the goodness of green tea for your daily beauty routine.
3 DIY Skincare Recipes
- Green Tea Facial Mist:
- 1 cup brewed green tea (cooled).
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel.
- 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Brew a cup of green tea and let it cool.
- Mix the cooled tea with aloe vera gel and lavender essential oil.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Spritz on your face for a refreshing and hydrating pick-me-up throughout the day.
- Green Tea and Honey Cleansing Scrub:
- 2 tablespoons brewed green tea (cooled).
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- 2 tablespoons oatmeal.
- Combine green tea, honey, and ground oatmeal to create a paste.
- Gently massage the mixture onto damp skin in circular motions.
- Rinse thoroughly for a gentle exfoliation and deep cleansing.
- Green Tea Eye Treatment:
- 2 green tea bags
- Cotton pads
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Brew two green tea bags and let them cool.
- Soak cotton pads in the cooled tea.
- Place the soaked pads over your closed eyes and relax for 10-15 minutes.
- Finish by gently massaging coconut oil around the eye area for added hydration.
Elevate your beauty routine and let the green tea magic unfold.