In Ayurveda, beauty is not just skin deep. It stems from a holistic balance between the mind, body, and spirit. Tanning is often a result of an imbalance in the body’s natural elements, known as doshas. The three doshas – Vata, Pitta, and Kapha – significantly determine your skin type, reactions, and propensity to tan. Let’s say goodbye to those unwanted tanning effects and hello to radiant, glowing skin the Ayurvedic way.
5 Best Natural Tan Removal Diy Remedies For You
1. Turmeric, Besan (Gram Flour) & Curd Pack:
Besan, also known as Gram Flour, helps in removing tan effectively. It lightens skin tone and reduces excess oil, and prevents pimples. Turmeric, the brilliant skincare ingredient, helps reduce the appearance of dark spots and pigmentation. Curd has a moisturising effect on the skin, preventing dryness.
- Two tablespoons of besan (gram flour)
- One teaspoon of turmeric powder
- One tablespoon of curd and a few drops of rose water
- Mix all the ingredients to form a paste.
- Apply it to your face and neck, and let it dry.
- Gently scrub it off using circular motions while rinsing.
Apply this face pack every week for the best results.
Tip: Use Glow Clean Rose Toner for the perfect radiance and youthful skin.
2. Tomato, Lemon & Yogurt Pack:
The Tomato is a skin-lightening agent, and the Lemon has antioxidant properties to help remove tan and other impurities from the skin.
- Two tablespoons of tomato pulp
- One teaspoon of lemon juice
- One teaspoon of yogurt
- Mix the tomato pulp, lemon juice and yogurt.
- Apply it to your face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water.
Try this mask once every week for the best results.
3. Aloe Vera and Cucumber Pack:
Aloe Vera is an excellent source of aloesin. Aloesin works fantastic to lighten skin and treat pigmentation. The anti-inflammatory properties will relieve burns, wounds, and Eczema. Cucumber has a bleaching effect on the skin. It helps reduce melanin production, regulate sebum production and enhance the skin’s natural moisture level.
- Two tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- Two tablespoons of cucumber juice
- Mix the aloe vera gel and cucumber juice.
- Apply it to your face, neck and body.
- Leave it on for 20-30 minutes before washing it off.
You can apply this face pack once a week for better results.
4. Aloe Vera and Fuller’s Earth Or Multani Mitti Pack:
Fuller’s Earth, also known as Multani Mitti, makes your skin radiant and glow from within. It also helps in soothing irritated and inflamed skin. Multani Mitti, when combined with Aloe Vera gel, will remove tan, excess oil, dirt, and dead cells from the skin.
- One tablespoon of Fuller’s Earth
- Two tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel
- Combine the aloe vera and Fuller’s Earth.
- Apply the mixture to your tanned area and let it dry.
- Wash it off with water.
Use this face pack once a week.
Alternatively, you can use Glamour World Ayurvedic’s Glow Shine Tan Removing / Oil Control Pack. It has skin-brightening and oil control ingredients that naturally help eliminate tan.
5. Coffee, Turmeric And Curd De-Tan Pack:
Coffee is rich in antioxidants and has skin-lightening properties. It also works wonders to prevent fine lines, wrinkles, tan, and discolouration. Turmeric fights against the signs of ageing, treats pigmentation and enhances skin elasticity. It is also perfect for reducing uneven skin tone and dullness caused by tanning. The curd’s lactic acid and other alpha hydroxy acids help moisturise and exfoliate the skin. It makes skin soft and radiant.
- One teaspoon of Turmeric powder
- One tablespoon of Coffee
- Two tablespoons of Curd
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture to the face and body where you see tanning.
- Let it rest for about 20-30 minutes.
- Wash it off with cool water.
Use this DIY face pack twice-thrice a week for the best results.
Pro Tip: We always recommend a patch test before trying any new pack or product on your skin because everyone’s skin is different.
Tips To Prevent Your Skin From Getting Tanned
- Apply Sunscreen. It is the bodyguard of the skin. Have you tried Natural Sun Protection Yet?
- Wear Sunglasses.
- Cover yourself when getting out in the sun.
- Stay Hydrated. You must drink at least 12 to 15 glasses of water daily to avoid dehydration. Well-hydrated skin is also less prone to sun damage and tanning.
Remember, consistency is key when using these natural remedies. Results may not be instant, but with regular use over time, you’ll notice a reduction in tan and an improvement in your skin’s texture. Additionally, always do a patch test before applying any new ingredient to your face to ensure you’re not allergic.
Embrace the wisdom of Ayurveda and let your inner radiance shine through. Say goodbye to tanning woes and hello to a naturally glamorous you! Until next time, keep embracing the beauty of Ayurveda for a radiant life.