As we bid adieu to the summer, we welcome the monsoons, possibly everyone’s favourite season. The monsoons have a vibe that induces the idea of self-care. One that encourages you to stay home and enjoy the cool atmosphere it brings. But with all its beauty and serenity, the monsoons can wreak havoc on your skin and hair health due to the high humidity it brings. This high humidity can cause oily skin and dry and frizzy hair.
Here are a few tips that come in handy for skin and hair care when the monsoon kicks in.
Skin Care Tips For You:
- Oily skin can get more oily and tend to break out in monsoon. Use these skin care tips:
- Cleanse your skin with a gentle & exfoliating face wash at least twice daily.
- If your skin becomes oily mid-washes, cleanse again or use a tissue to dab the excess oil away.
- Use a gentle toner to keep skin healthy and pores tight.
- Follow up with a light moisturiser.
Tip: Use Glow Shine Clay Mask to remove excess sebum and impurities from skin pores.
- Fungal infections of the nails, toes, and feet are common during the rainy season; bathe regularly and keep them clean to avoid skin problems.
Tip: We recommend using Neem-based cleaner to control fungal infections on the skin.
- A Multani Mitti or a Clay Mask works best for oily skin users. If you have dry skin, use milk or cream mixed with honey. Mix green tea and cucumber pulp for sensitive skin to make a calming face pack.
- Sunscreen is a must in all seasons, even if it is cloudy outside. Remember to apply 20 minutes before stepping out and keep reapplying every two hours you spend outdoors.
Tip: If you have oily skin, wear sunscreen with a matte finish. And dab on some Glow Safe Powder for added sun protection.
- Like sunscreen, moisturiser is a must in all seasons. Keeping skin moisturised and hydrated prevents oil glands from overproducing oil or sebum. It also keeps your skin healthy.
Tip: Use a light water-based moisturiser if your skin gets oily in the monsoon.
- It is best to avoid harsh chemical-based cosmetics products/make-ups during monsoon, as they may stick to your skin after a rain walk, clogging the pores.
- You might hate us for this. But if you care for your skin, avoid getting drenched in the rain. Wetness can result in more sweat and humidity and breakouts, itchiness, fungal infections, or white patches. So, getting drenched in the rain may seem fun. However, it could refer to developing even more skin problems.
Hair Care Tips For You:
- To avoid an oily, frizzy look, use a mild or sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner that will help nourish your hair. Avoid using lathering shampoo, as it may leave your hair rough and dry this season.
- Tying a neat ponytail is a favourable solution & trendy as your hair tends to get tangled easily in monsoon.
- A rejuvenating and therapeutic scalp massage can help revitalise damp hair from the roots. Giving your hair a hot oil massage 30 minutes before washing it will help make your strands much more manageable. The hot oil will penetrate your scalp easily and quickly and work to precondition your strands from deep within.
- Stay away from heat and blow dryers as much as possible because they only damage your hair further. The heat from such products causes your scalp to become greasier during the monsoons. Hence, it’s best to dry your hair naturally during this season, and this is one of the most healthy hair care tips you can follow.
- Wash your hair thrice a week and condition it.
- Use a thin towel to pat your hair dry after a shower.
- If you get drenched in the rain, wash your hair without fail with a mild shampoo once you return home. It will help keep your scalp free of germs.
- You can prevent hair fall caused by breakage and damage by washing it away with a shampoo like Red Onion Shampoo to reinforce hair strength, prevent hair fall, and give you longer and stronger hair.
Accept The Skin And Hair You Are In To Help It Heal:
Accept the skin type you have and work with it. Reign in your impulses and settle into a routine that helps you to treat your skin and hair better, with the attention it deserves.
The Monsoon showers may call for a meticulously planned regimen, but the Glamour World Ayurvedic Glow Hair pack calls for a perfect hair solution. It helps cool an itchy scalp, keeping it clean and infection-free with its natural antibacterial properties. It also controls dandruff, hair loss and premature greying, and other scalp-related problems by nourishing hair follicles.
The perfect accompaniment to this for facial skin treatment includes our Glow neem face wash and body wash. The foam is lightweight and cleanses skin gently. It combines the time-honoured and reparative properties of Neem and Tulsi; with a natural astringent ashwagandha that minimises the appearance of enlarged pores for a toned and smooth texture and the evening out of a blemished complexion through progressive use.
If you are constantly on the move, even in the inconvenience of Monsoons, and need something to uplift and refresh your Senses, try our soothing Glow Clean Rose Toner as a face and body mist. You will feel the distinctive fragrance – what is Monsoon romance and poetry without the smell of wet earth?
Glamour World Ayurvedic has all the monsoon skincare answers, backed by the timeless reliability, purity, and efficacy of Ayurveda. Why not leave all your worries around skincare with us and enjoy the whimsical allure of the beautiful Monsoons?